Sunday, November 25, 2012

Biscoff Hot Cocoa (No, seriously...)

Okay so the hubs was whining to me tonight that I promised him hot cocoa on Saturday and here it was, Sunday, after he spent ALL WEEKEND decorating outside, and still he had no hot cocoa. I decided to reward him, in spades. I crafted up a new treat. Hot cocoa with Biscoff spread added. It's obscene hot delicious this was! Also, I'm not sure why, but adding the Biscoff makes the cocoa thicken, so it's almost like a liquid pudding. So here's the recipe:

1 cup skim milk
1T. chocolate syrup
1T. Biscoff spread
Marshmallows (if you like them)

It's so simple. Add milk, chocolate syrup, and Biscoff to a pot, and whisk over medium heat. It takes a while, so be patient. Don't be tempted to crank the heat up, just let it go low and slow. When it's close to ready, throw a few marshmallows in the cup, then pour the cocoa over the marshmallows. Let it cool for a minute, or risk a scorched tongue, lol. Here's a pic of the ingredients. I wanted to include a pic of the finished drink, but in the time it took me to type this, the hubs grabbed the mug and drained it, lol!
(BTW, if you haven't tried Biscoff, be warned, it's addictive! It's also available at most, if not all, grocery stores now as well as Amazon.)

No comments:

Post a Comment